Have you ever wondered what are the main differences between Dubsado and HoneyBook? In this guide, we will talk about the top differences and similarities that exist between two popular CRM platforms: Dubsado and HoneyBook.
A client management software for small businesses, HoneyBook offers a rich range of useful features such as workflows, automations, projects, invoicing, proposals, and contracts.
Dubsado, a small business management tool, is generally used by freelancers and it includes features such as invoicing, scheduling, lead capturing, automations, tasks, workflows, and forms.
- HoneyBook is usually preferred over Dubsado when it comes to user interface. HoneyBook is easy to use and set up while Dubsado’s user interface may appear confusing to some initially. Dubsado also has a longer learning curve than HoneyBook.
- As far as accounting integrations are concerned, HoneyBook only integrates with QuickBooks while Dubsado integrates with Xero and QuickBooks. In short, Dubsado offers more robust invoicing and more accounting integrations than HoneyBook.
- HoneyBook doesn’t integrate with PayPal and Stripe. It relies on its own payment system and charges a processing fee of 3 percent. On the other hand, Dubsado has no added fees on top of the standard ACH and credit card processing rates. In short, Dubsado helps you retain more money in your pocket.
- HoneyBook only provides a 7-day trial that may be too short to test out everything. Dubsado has an unlimited trial with up to 3 clients. This said, HoneyBook is very easy to get set up and doesn’t have a steep learning curve.
- Dubsado doesn’t have a mobile app, HoneyBook does. However, both solutions are mobile friendly.
- Both Dubsado and HoneyBook integrate with Zapier that comes handy to run automations or integrate with other apps.
- The pricing of HoneyBook starts with $9 a month (with up to $10k in transactions) or $39 a month to access all the features. The best thing is that you can have unlimited team members with HoneyBook. On the other hand, Dubsado offers a pricing of $35 a month to access unlimited projects and clients. However, it charges extra for more than 3 users, starting at $25 a month (for 4 to 10 users).
- When it comes to proposals and contracts, Dubsado has more customization options available (like you can add custom CSS) but it lacks a file versioning system. HoneyBook wins the battle hands down when it comes to proposals and contracts. It has a very elegant “brochure” feature to display photos and a breakdown of what your proposal entails. It also features a file versioning system that comes handy if there are a lot of changes in a proposal. You can also create proposals and contracts on the HoneyBook app, something that is missing with Dubsado.
- Both Dubsado and HoneyBook integrate with Calendly and Google Calendar but Dubsado also has padding time, form attachments, and booking fees. Hence, Dubsado is a superior option if you want to take upfront payments or need a lot of customizations.
If you don’t have many clients and are just starting, HoneyBook is a better option. If you want more customization, Dubsado will be a better choice. If you’re looking for a more user-friendly option, HoneyBook wins the race. Dubsado is an incredible choice for freelancers and creative teams while HoneyBook is a better choice for photographers, designers, freelancers, and wedding planners.
Need help with Dubsado implementation or HoneyBook implementation? Please feel free reach to reach out to us at Dana Sacco now!