Imagine this: You’re a Project Manager at a digital marketing company and entrusted with the task of training the new project manager on how to perform their responsibilities efficiently. The new project manager will have to learn about a series of actions already set in place. This series of actions is known as a standard operating procedure, or SOP, to routinize job functions.
As organizations require more streamlined and standardized processes to run smoothly such as building email campaigns, the importance of SOPs grows over time.
What is an SOP?
An SOP can be classified as a step-by-step guide (with timelines for completing each step) to handle recurring events and routine tasks in business. Common examples of SOPs include:
- Customer service SOP: It will include the steps for handling common customer complaints and requests.
- New Customer/Client Onboarding SOP: Steps to be followed by the business to acquire or add a new customer.
- Blog Management SOP: Detailed instructions on why, when, and how to post blogs and other forms of content on the website. This will also include steps on the timings and frequency of posts, and the possible steps to promote new posts via social media and other platforms.
Benefits Of SOPs
- SOPs are highly effective to manage and train individual team members and teams. For instance, SOPs can act as a starting point to help new team members learn about the organization and their respective teams. This helps them get onboarded quickly while relieving others from the task of spending countless hours in training.
- SOPs act as comprehensive and absolute guides for employees to ensure that everyone performs the tasks assigned to them correctly and within specified timelines. The more SOPs are followed, the more confident employees become as far as their skills are concerned. SOPs also help save valuable working hours and reduce the likelihood of performance errors.
- One of the biggest advantages of SOPs is that they prepare an organization for outsourcing/delegation. This, in turn, frees top employees to work on higher-level tasks to take the business to the next level.
- SOPs also demonstrate usefulness to create job descriptions by acting as the baseline document to draft job responsibilities for every team member.
- SOPs can also help organizations reduce or avoid the risk of accidents and ensure a safe and harmonious working environment. For instance, SOPs can be created for a restaurant on how and when to clean the work area, how to handle dangerous and fragile equipment, and how to handle workplace accidents.
- Manufacturing and service organizations can leverage SOPs to communicate how and when they want certain things to be completed while meeting the desired product or service quality standards.
Why Hire A Professional SYSTEMology System Champion?
Hiring a professional SYSTEMology System Champion has countless benefits. One of the biggest advantages of hiring the services of an SYSTEMology System Champion is that it gives you the freedom to work “on” your business and not “in” it. Furthermore, this decision will help your business grow more quickly and identify & explore new markets and opportunities.
An SYSTEMology System Champion can help you create systems within your organization that will in turn streamline all tasks, initiatives, efforts, processes, and workflows. These systems, coupled with a few members with an out-of-the-box work approach, can set off a chain reaction in your organization like seamlessly knocking down the first domino in a series. Furthermore, hiring an SYSTEMology System Champion also relieves you and your team from spending countless hours preparing SOPs. You can divert the “saved resources” to your business’s core activities or explore new markets and opportunities. Need help with how to create time, scale profits, and reduce errors